Welcome from the Director of Sixth Form
Wymondham High Sixth Form is an aspirational sixth form with an ethos grounded firmly in hard work and academic excellence. We meet the needs of our individual students within a strong community. Our aim is to support our students as they develop into successful, well-rounded, employable individuals who are well-prepared for their lives beyond sixth form.
As an ambitious and academic institution, we offer a wide range of A-level courses to enable our students to gain admission to the top universities in the country. Students at Wymondham High Sixth Form have high aspirations and we provide a culture of hard work and achievement; however we never forget the need for a positive mindset, encouragement, strong learning-relationships and fun.
Students at Wymondham High Sixth Form achieve well and receive the support they require in order to make significant progress. Our approach resulted in exceptional A-Level examination results this year and the progress made by students was considered ‘outstanding’ by Alps, an organisation that provides A-level, AS-level and BTEC Level 3 value added reports and training to over 1,450 schools and colleges.
We are very proud of our recent Ofsted Inspection which graded our Sixth Form as
‘Outstanding’. The inspectors said:
- Students’ overall progress has been significantly above average for the last three years.
- Teaching in the Sixth Form is outstanding.
- Teachers’ extensive subject knowledge, high-level questioning skills and strong individual support for students have a significant impact on their progress.
- Study programmes are highly individualised.
- Students feel very well supported to move to either education, employment or training. A student commented, ‘Staff want us to be rounded candidates and individuals.’
- Students are very positive about the high level of support and care that they receive from the Sixth Form team.
Our aim is to guide students on their journey, adding value from the time at which they enter our Sixth Form and ensuring they leave us, equipped with, not only, an excellent academic profile but as well-rounded, resilient and confident young people who have had a wide range of experiences beyond the curriculum.
Every student is viewed as an individual and we make every effort to ensure that students feel valued and personally supported throughout this important period of their life. In keeping with this approach, we are keen to offer individual guidance to potential students and would encourage you to come to see us to talk through your next steps.
Mrs M Heale
Interim Director of Sixth Form